Mold is a type of fungus that can grow on almost any surface and in any environment. It can be found indoors and outdoors, in warm and cold climates, and even in the arctic. Mold spores are very small and float through the air, so they can easily enter your home through open windows or doors, heating/cooling vents, attic fans, etc. If mold spores land on a damp surface, they can begin to grow.
Mold grows best in areas that are dark and damp. The most common places are basements (especially areas with leaky pipes), crawl spaces under houses, attics (especially if there is water damage from leaks), and bathrooms/laundry rooms where showers/toilets leak over time. Mold may also grow behind walls where moisture continues to seep in over time or where pipes burst or water leaks onto walls from above (such as when a roof is leaking).
If you have mold in your home, it is important to take action as soon as possible. Mold growth can be prevented if you are aware of the warning signs for mold and take immediate action when necessary.
If you’re unsure whether or not you have mold in your home, it is best to contact a mold testing Summerville SC professional, such as The Mold Girl, who can come out and inspect the property. They will be able to identify any existing mold growth, assess the extent of the problem, and provide advice on how best to remove it.
Mold Inspection in Summerville SC
A mold inspection is a crucial first step. It allows you to see if you have a mold issue and, if so, where it’s located. This will help you decide whether or not the problem requires immediate action and how best to proceed with your remediation efforts. As part of their comprehensive mold testing Summerville SC services, The Mold Girl provides full-scale inspections that include:
- Visual inspection of all areas that could potentially be affected by moisture intrusion (such as the attic)
- Testing for airborne spores (using our state-of-the-art air sample collector)
- Airflow testing and analysis to determine how air moves in the building (this helps us find any hidden mold growth)
- Sampling of any suspected mold growth (using our specialized equipment and techniques)
- A thorough inspection of all building materials, including drywall, insulation, wallpaper and more
- A detailed analysis of our findings and recommendations for how to address the moisture problem in your home
All of this work is performed by The Mold Girl, who has extensive experience with mold remediation and inspection. She will come to your home armed with a wealth of knowledge about how mold grows and spreads, as well as experience in identifying all types of contamination so that you have peace of mind when it comes to your family’s health.